[PLUG] No more Red Hat for us reg'lar folks

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Wed Oct 1 16:18:02 UTC 2003

Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Fedora and Red Hat to Merge:
>    http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7169 -- Charles Curley
>    summarizes the recently announced merger of Fedora Linux and Red Hat,
>    in which Fedora takes over responsibility for maintaining and
>    supporting new releases.

Yeah, RH announced the end of retail awhile back.  I prefer to use
store-bought media for OS installs.  The homemade disks often have problems.
  Plus you'd get a bumbersticker or something.

 From the article, "Fedora will be more bleeding edge and, therefore,
possibly less stable and less secure than Red Hat Linux."

Sounds like irresponsible FUD, but will be determined in time.

Thinking of finding a new distribution.  Any one have any recomendations?
Kidding.

--
Kyle Accardi