[PLUG] No more Red Hat for us reg'lar folks

Alex Daniloff alex at daniloff.com
Wed Oct 1 16:34:02 UTC 2003

Back in 1998 I was looking for a good Linux distro to settle on.
I've tried almost all Linux distros available at that time, looking
at them from all possible angles.
Quality of the software engineering, included packages and
a general philosophy behind the distro.
Red Had has always looked to me as a public American company which
makes hypes out of nothing, mainly to promote its stocks.
Kind'a Red Hat=Linux mantra.
I liked more intelligent and rational engineering approach to Linux.
I finally went with privately owned German SuSE Linux distro. These
SuSE guys have never made any hypes providing superior to Red Hat
Linux distro for engineers and home users.
Our whole eng. dept. runs on SuSE Linux since 1999.
Looks like I made a right choice back then.

Just my $0.02

Alex

>   Fedora and Red Hat to Merge:
>    http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7169 -- Charles
Curley
>    summarizes the recently announced merger of Fedora Linux and Red
Hat,

rshepard@appl-ecosys.com