[PLUG] No more Red Hat ...

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at comcast.net
Thu Oct 2 00:01:01 UTC 2003

I've never considered SuSE bleeding edge but they sure do a nice job of
supporting their distos for at least two years. I just got notice that
they're dropping support for SuSE 7.2 now that 9.0 is going to be
released.

That still leaves versions 7.3, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, and 9.0 with support. I
don't know how that compares with RedHat but I did see that RedHat is
EOL'ing all their 7.x versions the end of this year IIRC.

I've been mostly working with SuSE for the last 5 years but I work with
several RedHat servers at work and they aren't all that different IMHO.
I've had no problems configuring the RedHat boxes although it's
different in the way some of the config stuff is handled so I've had to
do a little searching on a few things.

Tony

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 22:34 pm, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> < Redhat becomes Fedora ... >
>

> Suse seems a little more bleeding edge, while Debian-stable seems to
> be built like a tank in an age of aircraft.  I know I ought to like
> Debian better.  I tried running Suse for a while;  configs and such
> weren't where I expected them to be, and of course Suse is a little
> more geared towards KDE.

[snip]

--
Anthony Schlemmer