[PLUG] OO.o: replacing tabs

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Oct 4 08:59:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Anthony Schlemmer wrote:

> You might try the "expand" utility which converts tabs to spaces. By
> default it converts each <TAB> to 8 spaces but I believe you can tell
> it how many spaces you want each <TAB> converted to. If you want to
> convert spaces to <TAB> use "unexpand".

Tony,

  I'll post the solution to this perplexing problem in the hope that others
benefit from what I learned. The problem is that regex search-and-replace
did _not_ work in versions prior to 1.1.0 (or, as it's still known: RC5). I
kept putting '\t' in the search box, checking the regex checkbox widget, and
getting no results.

  So, yesterday afternoon I downloaded the RC5 -- which is the 1.1.0
release, installed it and moved all my templates and configurations to it.
Lo and behold: regex works!

  Now, finding all underlined text and rplacing it with the same text but
not underlined still doesn't work for me, but I'll pass on how to do that,
too, when I learn how.

Thanks for your suggestion,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President