[PLUG] boot partition???

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Sat Oct 4 10:26:01 UTC 2003

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 05:36:24 -0700
Brian Quade <serendipity at pobox.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a
> good reason to boot from a seperate partition, or why this seems to be
> only a Red Hat idea?

I've been playing with Gentoo a little lately, and they also talk about a /boot partition. The docs I am reading say it's not mounted when your system boots. Sounds like it might be a security measure, but I'm not sure of the ramifications. I haven't thought it through, so to speak...

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Is it a co-incidence that there are 42 characters, including spaces, in the following sentence:

"Answer to life the universe and everything"