[PLUG] PVR Sites?

Steve Bonds 1s7k8uhcd001 at sneakemail.com
Sat Oct 4 10:35:03 UTC 2003

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Jon Jacob jon-at-manymoons.net |PDX Linux| wrote:

> Sounds as if you are quite a TiVo fan.  Is it really worth $13 per
> month?

I would get the "lifetime" service since this tends to actually increase
in value.  Should you ever want to upgrade your TiVo, the lifetime service
massively boosts your original unit's resale value.

I.e. I paid $250 for the lifetime service on my Series 1, but on Ebay
units with lifetime service sell for $300 more than units without it.

Of course all this assumes that you sell the TiVo instead of just using it
until it breaks.  I suspect I'll run mine until it can run no more, and
probably have a very, very sad day when it goes.

  -- Steve