[PLUG] Radio Free Linux - a stand-alone Wifi linux download node

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Sat Oct 4 10:59:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 09:43, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Anybody want to help me locate and collect distro isos?

Many distros started using BitTorrent to distribute ISOs - I'd suggest
checking that out.

Knoppix-
ftp://ftp.webtrek.com/pub/mirrors/knoppix/KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-09-22-EN.iso
http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de:6969/stats.html?info_hash=e6c1519102153956d201366cd75d8a5c1c1de48a

Slackware-
ftp://ftp.kpn.be/pub/linux/slackware/slackware-9.1-iso/slackware-9.1-install-d1.iso
ftp://ftp.kpn.be/pub/linux/slackware/slackware-9.1-iso/slackware-9.1-install-d2.iso
http://slackware.com/torrents/slackware-9.1-install-d1.torrent
http://slackware.com/torrents/slackware-9.1-install-d2.torrent

Gentoo-
http://gentoo.oregonstate.edu/releases/x86/1.4/stages/i686/stage2-i686-1.4-20030726.tar.bz2
http://gentoo.oregonstate.edu/releases/x86/1.4/stages/i686/stage3-i686-1.4-20030726.tar.bz2

Lnx-BBC (50MB rescue CD)
http://www.lnx-bbc.org/images/bbc-2.1.iso
http://www.lnx-bbc.org/images/bbc-2.1.iso.torrent

It might be nice to put a 'newbie-ized' distro up, too.... although I
don't know of any free ones off the top of my head.  Xandros, Lindows,
and Lycoris seem to be the popular ones, although none of them are free
- Lycoris seems to have a free download version, however.

I don't know about putting Debian on there - it, like gentoo, seems to
rely on you having a fast internet connection.  I'm sure (as with
Gentoo) there's a way around that, though.

Rob