[PLUG] OO.o: replacing tabs

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Oct 4 11:25:03 UTC 2003

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> I just started using 1.1.0 yesterday. I can't say I've done any
> serious work with it, but I'm certainly impressed/surprised at how
> quickly it loads, responds to commands, pops up windows, etc.

  Yes, after the initial load is is much quicker. They've changed the UI,
however. Uglier fonts (IMO, of course) and checkbox widget buttons that are
grey/up instead of white/down. Little things like that which I'm sure that
I'll no longer notice in a few weeks. One function I finally learned how to
do correctly (if I haven't forgotten) is how to do a mail merge to envelopes
without having the text migrate up and to the left with succeeding
envelopes. _That_ was a major PITA when I did mailings.

  I avoid release candidates and betas for all applications I used in my
business. However, I was told that RC5 is the 1.1.0 release so I went ahead
and got it.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)