[PLUG] boot partition???

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Sat Oct 4 11:30:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, AthlonRob wrote:

> I keep my /boot partition seperate and unmounted because that makes
> it more difficult to accidentally do damage when I'm playing kernel
> games.

I can't speak for Debian packages, but none of the kernel rpms I've
ever seen make any effort to mount /boot before copying new images and
updating grub.conf.

On any given system, that's not such a big deal. You just mount /boot
before installing the package. On a larger network, however, it'd be
just that much more work -- mount /boot, do the upgrade, umount /boot.

I think I'd rather stick with a bootable CD recovery disk. :-)

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>