[PLUG] PVR Sites?

Brent Rieck bsr at spek.org
Sat Oct 4 12:07:02 UTC 2003

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> Yes you can.  You have to enable the feature using the well known
> "select play select 3 0 select" backdoor, so that probably gets TiVo corp
> off the hook for providing a "skip commercials" button.

I think that's only for the series 1 TiVos, nobody has found the special
remote control dance to get 30 second skips on the series 2 yet I
believe. :(

> And if you own two TiVos... you can already share them with the Home
 > Media Option... record on one TiVo, play on the other.

Yeah, the Home Media Option isn't the finest of options I've read - it
takes many, many hours to move shows from TiVo to TiVo (even if you're
on ethernet).  Having never used it I don't really know though, that
might all be wrong - at 10Mb you should be able to watch an MPEG2 stream
from your other TiVo directly I'd think though!  Most of my DVD's
average 5-ish Mb/sec.

--Brent