[PLUG] cdrw won't mount or write, wrong /dev link, don't know how to change it

Brian Quade serendipity at pobox.com
Sun Oct 5 22:07:02 UTC 2003

Oops, I meant to say that I created a link from /dev/cdrw that points to
/dev/hdc like it should, not /dev/hdd which has not device on it.
 Anyway, I really just need to know why the Hardware Browser shows my
cdrw as /dev/hdc but fstab shows it as /dev/cdrom1 which points to
/dev/hdd.  Therein lies my problem and I can't edit fstab and I can't
just create a new link either because it all gets reset again when I
boot up.