[PLUG] cdrw won't mount or write, wrong /dev link, don't know how to change it

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Sun Oct 5 22:35:02 UTC 2003

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 22:04:28 -0700
Brian Quade <serendipity at pobox.com> wrote:

> Oops, I meant to say that I created a link from /dev/cdrw that points to
> /dev/hdc like it should, not /dev/hdd which has not device on it.

When this has happened to me, it turned out that I had the drive set up as slave. It was the only drive on the chain, but because it was jumpered as slave, the system and linux both said it was the fourth drive. I had no second or third drive in the system.

Another thing to keep in mind. Burning will happen on /dev/sgX, where X is the device on the "scsi" bus.

Are you burning in "test" mode?

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Is it a co-incidence that there are 42 characters, including spaces, in the following sentence:

"Answer to life the universe and everything"