[PLUG] booting weirdness

Mike De La Mater mikedela at ipns.com
Mon Oct 6 18:58:01 UTC 2003

I'm trying to salvage some data off an old drive, so I hook it up as
HDC, secondary master on my IDE system. I check the boot order and it is
clearly set to HD0, the primary master. I set all boot devices to HD0,
just to be sure. (Options are 0, 1, 2, 3)

BIOS finds the extra drive as the secondary master, but for some strange
reason, my system boots to it. I tried another HDD with Linux on it,
same. I went into fdisk and removed the boot flag from the extra drive,
same.

What's going on here?

--
Mike De La Mater