[PLUG] booting weirdness

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Oct 6 21:51:01 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike De La Mater <mikedela at ipns.com> writes:

Mike> I'm trying to salvage some data off an old drive, so I hook it
Mike> up as HDC, secondary master on my IDE system. I check the boot
Mike> order and it is clearly set to HD0, the primary master. I set
Mike> all boot devices to HD0, just to be sure. (Options are 0, 1, 2,
Mike> 3)

Mike> BIOS finds the extra drive as the secondary master, but for some
Mike> strange reason, my system boots to it.

a) What makes you think so?

b) What _is_ at /dev/hda?

b) LILO or GRUB?

--
Russell Senior         ``shtal latta wos ba padre u prett tu nashtonfi
seniorr at aracnet.com      mrlosh''  -- Bashgali Kafir for ``If you have