[PLUG] /proc/cpuinfo

Matt Whiteley matt-whiteley at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 11:46:01 UTC 2003

>   Only once since 1988 have I bought/used a system asssembled by someone
> else. This was one I put together myself. And, I suspect that even if the
> bus speed was set incorrectly, the CPU identification should be correct. It
> ain't.

Peculiarly enough, the Athlon XP will show a CPU identification not its
own when over or under clocked.  The popular overclocking of the Athlon
XP Barton core 2500+ chip to a 200 MHz FSB will result in a BIOS
responding Athlon 3200+ at a nice price savings.

--
Matt Whiteley <matt-whiteley at comcast.net>