[PLUG] Kernel problems

Steve Bonds 1s7k8uhcd001 at sneakemail.com
Tue Oct 7 15:25:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Rich Shepard rshepard-at-appl-ecosys.com |PDX Linux| wrote:

>   Reconfiguring the BIOS to "high performance" let the kernel see the
> Athlon 2100+ for what it is (but at 1.77GHz rather than the 1.83GHz it's
> supposed to be), but now I have other problems.

My guess is your BIOS is now over-optimized for your hardware.  I would
return to the old settings and see if you can identify the particular BIOS
setting that allows the Athlon to run at full speed.  The "high
performance" preconfigured set probably made some unintended changes that
are incompatible with your hardware.

   -- Steve