[PLUG] wacky Pentium-200 MHz/Adaptec DuoConnect PCI card behavior

Mike De La Mater mikedela at theplatinumrule.com
Tue Oct 7 23:32:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 23:04, Russell Senior wrote:
> but WTF?

Sounds like a resource allocation issue. I'd try telling the BIOS to
reallocate resources by resetting configuration data after turning off
all unneeded stuff like extra serial and parallel ports, IRQ for PCI
video. That mey free up needed resources. If the card has specific
requirements like DMA or a certain IRQ, I'd check toi see if they are
free before inserting the card.

That's all I can think, of. Unless, of course, the card is trash. Did it
come from Fry's? :0

--
Mike De La Mater
Small Business Networks and Consulting