[PLUG] Anyone have experience installing Maple 9 Linux edition?

Derek Loree drl at drloree.com
Wed Oct 8 11:07:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 08:14, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> Does anyone know what flexlm is and if it's difficult to set up?

I don't have experience setting it up, but I sure can break a flexlm
licensing server.  After 4 hours, the designer of the program that
incorporated flexlm couldn't get it working at full speed.  All I did
was change the address space of the network!

> I'm having trouble with first term physics and Calc II over at PCC
> Rock Creek, but I don't know where to get help.  The tutor center
> has been worthless where the problems in both my Stewart and
> Halliday, Resnick, and Walker books are just a joke to figure
> out.

That is too bad, when I taught physics there, the tutor center was
pretty good at physics help.  Of course, back then nobody had ever heard
of Maple either.  How much are they paying the tutors these days?

> I have a lose one physics test option, but I'd rather pass all three
> considering I lost a lab instead of having a test dropped.  I'll be
> tested over chapters 1 through 3 Friday.

This is going OT, but is there a particular concept that you are having
trouble with?

Derek Loree