[PLUG] DNS Resolution Problems - 5 second delay

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Wed Oct 8 15:48:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 15:33, Steve Bonds wrote:

> Does the client send the packet and the server not receive it?  Good
> old-fashioned packet loss could well explain your random first-send
> timeouts.

Is that what we're looking at?  It waits five seconds then re-sends the
packet?  That would explain it, then...

It would also explain why, very rarely, it waits ten seconds before
timing out altogether.

I'm on a wifi link, but only a few feet from my AP.  ifconfig reports 18
dropped TX packets of 4MB sent, with one error.  iwconig reports 15
'missed beacon' but no other errors.

How else might I determine if the packets are being sent, only to be
dropped somewhere along the line?

Thanks for the pointer!

Rob