[PLUG] Figuring out spamassassin...

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sat Oct 11 12:47:01 UTC 2003

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> My .forward...
> "|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #user"

Why are you doing this instead of just using procmail for all local
delivery?

> So this sets the internal field seperator to ' ' and puts a new
> timestamp in an email as far as the from?  What's the exit 75
> #user about?

'exit 75' sets the exit code in case procmail fails (hence, the or [||])
to 75.

The #user is a comment.

> My .procmailrc	...
> :0fw: spamassinin.lock
> | /usr/bin/spamassassin
>
> I assume this just forwards to spamassassin.

And sets a lockfile.  man procmail.  It's very handy.

> I seem to be getting duplicate messages under evolution now, any tips?

Dunno what kind of voodoo you're attempting, but I just use procmail for
all local delivery and my rc.general (under .procmail) starts with this:

:0fw
| /usr/bin/spamc

:0:
IN.spam