[PLUG] more hardware trouble

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Oct 11 13:15:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "alan" == alan  <alan at clueserver.org> writes:

russell> Installed a P4 2.53GHz and a gig of RAM in an Intel D845GBVL
russell> motherboard[1] and am having a lot of trouble getting it to
russell> POST.  I seem to have BIOS version P01.  Attempts to reflash
russell> BIOS[2] to more recent version (P17) have failed because,
russell> seemingly, the motherboard is having trouble talking to RAM.
russell> Every power on I see a different quantity of detected RAM.
russell> This is fresh, newly arrived DDR SDRAM from crucial.com,
russell> 512meg on a stick.

alan> This sounds like the motherboard is bad, not the memory.

At this stage, I am inclined to agree.

--
Russell Senior         ``shtal latta wos ba padre u prett tu nashtonfi
seniorr at aracnet.com      mrlosh''  -- Bashgali Kafir for ``If you have