[PLUG] Mbox to Maildir

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sun Oct 12 10:28:02 UTC 2003

In order to improve the efficiency of my backups, I intend to change
how I store email.   Currently I am using venerable  mailbox/mbox  to
store email, and I plan to change over to  Maildir .  I plan to keep
using  mutt and  sendmail/procmail  (which are Maildir compatable),
and have no plans to convert to qmail .  I've found tools that can
convert the old, stored mail.  The configuration change is apparently
pretty simple.  I think I know how to do this, but it is what I don't
know that I don't know that scares me.

Does anyone have any experience with Maildir, or with converting to
Maildir from mbox?  What stupid newbie mistakes should I watch for?

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom           keithl at ieee.org         Voice (503)-520-1993