[PLUG] New kernel won't boot

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun Oct 12 19:14:01 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich>   This is a new one on me. I built a new 2.4.22 kernel (make dep
Rich> clean bzImage modules modules_install), copied
Rich> /usr/local/src/linux-2.4.22/arch/i386/boot/bzImage to /boot;
Rich> copied the new config and System.map to /boot. Then I copied
Rich> /boot/bzImage to /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22. Made all the appropriate
Rich> soft links. Edited /etc/lilo.conf and ran /sbin/lilo.

What is wrong with "make install"?

--
Russell Senior         ``shtal latta wos ba padre u prett tu nashtonfi
seniorr at aracnet.com      mrlosh''  -- Bashgali Kafir for ``If you have