[PLUG] Need Help With Procmail Recipie

B. Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Tue Oct 14 17:39:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Brian Derr wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 08:39:57AM -0700, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> > > En ejemplo, would your filter catch this?
> >  ^^^^  should be "por"  ;-)
> > > <center aleiavejaliejvaeijvae="emelmkkjmo">Boo!</center>
> > >
> > > I don't think so.
> >
> > Forgive my spam filtering ignorance but could you not just use a regexp
> > that only searches for the start of an html command?  ie. (<)center*
>
> Of course.

Then, of course, the spammers will escalate, and you get this:
<cen<!--Ack Thp-->ter>

But in actual practice, the simple-minded filter works really well for the
little effort. I think that using (<)center> has taken out about 40 spams
a day for me. I can't get them all, and I think it's a Holy Grail Quest to
try, but any dumb filter that takes out 40%  of the junk is okay by me.

- Bill Thoen