[PLUG] OT: PGP Sigs in Spam

Michael C. Robinson michael at goose.robinson-west.com
Wed Oct 15 10:49:02 UTC 2003

Okay, so now we all realize that
Portland is a very poorly designed
city when it comes to transportation
where all the bridges it has are a
real monetary drain.

There's a north and south transportation
bottleneck.  One thing that's alarming
is that PSU and PCC are trying to grow,
yet any parking being added is needed
even before these expansions.  They
really need to spread out more.  A PCC
branch in St. Helens would be nice.

The other option is regular, reliable, cost
affective, fast public transportation system
out to Scappoose and St. Helens, but that's not
likely to happen anytime soon.  The original
plans to run Cornelius pass across Sauvie's
Island to Vancouver will eventually have to
be implemented.  I for one don't see why
you have to change the farm zoning to run
a highway through.  The greater concern is
law enforcement. Then again, that would
probably improve it since the highway
would start in the center of the island.
The greater concern is the dikes, it's been
50 years since my grandfather built many of
them where they are weakened over time by
burrowing animals and erosion.