[PLUG] Scott Kveton Makes Front Page

D. Cooper Stevenson cstevens at gencom.us
Thu Oct 16 11:44:01 UTC 2003

All,

Scott Kveton, Unix Systems Administrator for Oregon State University,
made the front page of the Gazette Times this morning for his efforts in
hosting the Mozilla web browser!

http://www.gazettetimes.com/articles/2003/10/16/news/community/thu03.txt

Here's a great quip by Scott in the article:

"It's a very busy server right now. I can tell you right now we're
putting out 120 megabytes a second — which might impress some people,"
Kveton said."

And this...

"We use open source — not exclusively, but heavily. Our entire e-mail
infrastructure and all of our anti-spam software has been run by
open-source software for the last year. It's reduced spam and viruses, I
would say, about 40 percent for the entire campus. It's been a huge win
for us, and it's all been free to use!"

Way to go Scott!

Best,
| Cooper Stevenson        | Em:  cooper at gencom.us            |
| General Computer        | Ph:  541.924.9434                |
| "Open For Business"     | Www: http://www.gencom.us        |