[PLUG] Using spamassassin's tagging...

Michael C. Robinson michael at goose.robinson-west.com
Thu Oct 16 13:50:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 11:53, Brent Rieck wrote:
> Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> > Okay, spamassassin is putting the spam in a folder nicely, but now how
> > do I get the bayesian filter to parse that folder?  I try sa-learn
> > --spam /directory_of_spam_mbox, but I get things like 0 messages
> > read even though the spam is in there.
>
> you might try "man sa-learn" you'll find your answer in about 2 seconds.
>
> --Brent

Do I need to keep the spam as it comes in to my folder or can I toss
it?  Does anyone know how to completely erase spam instead of doing
a standard delete?  I believe the program is called wipe or
something.

[michael at goose michael]$ sa-learn --ham evolution/local/Inbox/mbox
Learned from 0 message(s) (1 message(s) examined).

Now why does it say learned from zero messages?  Maybe it's
automatically building a database.

     --  Michael Robinson