[PLUG] Procmail and Spam

Mike De La Mater mikedela at theplatinumrule.com
Thu Oct 16 17:43:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 15:58, Jon Jacob wrote:
> > Try adding something like this:
> > :0H
> >
> > That checks the new header, and puts it into the spam bucket. By
> > default, procmail will deliver the mail if there's some kind of error.
> >
> Did that already.  Has no effect.  It still comes to my INBOX.
> --
> Jon Jacob <jon at manymoons.net>

Okay, now for the mundane questions-
Does the desired file exist? Can the user that runs the procmail recipe
have permission to write to the directory?
On my system, the directory I specified wrote three sub-directories,
new, tmp and cur. Can your user do that?
What do the logs say? My /var/log/maillog has entries every time spamd
runs, and the /var/log/procmail.log has entries that tel me what it did
with each message. What do your logs tell you about those messages that
get delivered, and you do not want?

Please consider bottom-posting. it keeps conversations in a more logical
flow.

--
Mike