[PLUG] Reporting SPAM (was Using spamassassin's tagging...)

B. Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Fri Oct 17 08:01:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Paul Johnson wrote:

> So you think spam is acceptable?  If not, why aren't you reporting it?

Reporting it either costs me money or takes up too much time, which are
both resources I don't want to spend on this irritating practice. I tried
reporting it once upon a time, but the results proved it doesn't have any
measurable effect. My SPAM load is still increasing.

I'm thinking that waiting for the ISPs to clean house on their own will be
more likely once the SPAM load through their servers reaches critical mass
and starts to debilitate their service and they lose customers. They sure
need a bigger incentive than responding to people's reporting just to be
good neighbors.

- Bill Thoen