[PLUG] Using spamassassin's tagging...

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri Oct 17 11:22:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 12:39:44AM -0700, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> > > If not, why aren't you reporting it?
> >
> > I don't understand what needs reporting or to whom.
>
> Use spamcop.net to automate reporting.  Report spam to the source ISP
> and the ISPs hosting their websites.

You misunderstood my statement.

I know that you think unsolicited mail requires reporting to spamcop.net,
but that doesn't answer WHY you think this needs to happen and WHY
spamcop.net is a good thing.

It sounds to me like collective coersion.  Some self-appointed authority
is trying to modify the behavior of others through intimidation and
censorship.

Not a good thing in my book.

J.
--