[PLUG] Postfix header_checks (was Reporting SPAM)

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Sat Oct 18 15:12:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 14:20, Brian Derr wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 09:15:18PM -0700, AthlonRob wrote:
> > Postfix's header_checks are way cool.
>
> I've been working on a way to, shall we say, vaporize Jeme's messages
> using procmail.  But I was looking into the postfix header_check you
> refered to and piqued my interest.  Can you explain how it works?
> Reading through the example "sample-filter.cf" file I see that you can
> REJECT, IGNORE, etc but what is the syntax for the
> /etc/postfix/header_check file?

header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/blocks

in main.cf (I'm using blocks rather than header_check, just season to
taste) then blocks contains:

/^From: Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net>/ REJECT

Mine actually contains more than that, stuff after the REJECT line, but
I don't think we need that here.  You can add stuff after REJECT like
550: I don't like this email address or something similar.

That way, as soon as the mail server says From: Jeme A Brelin
<jeme at brelin.net> your mail server says 550: I don't like this email
address.

Rob