[PLUG] more hardware trouble

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Oct 18 22:06:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Sasha" == Sasha Romanosky <sasha_romanosky at yahoo.com> writes:

Sasha> I went through something very similar to this a couple of days
Sasha> ago. On power up, the fans would spin, but no beeps, no post,
Sasha> no video. For some reason taking the memory out at least made
Sasha> it beep. The problem was the CPU.

Just for some closure on this, thanks to Dan Young's generous
assistance at today's clinic, I was able to confirm that the CPU was
the guilty party.  Inserted Dan's P4-2.53GHz in place of mine, whirrr
... beep, boot.  Sadly, Dan wanted his back.  Filed for the RMA today.

Thanks also to all providing advice, even the ultimately wrong
advice. ;-)

--
Russell Senior         ``shtal latta wos ba padre u prett tu nashtonfi
seniorr at aracnet.com      mrlosh''  -- Bashgali Kafir for ``If you have