[PLUG] Starting daemons in a running Slackware system

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun Oct 19 13:51:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich>   If I don't need to stop and start network services, just nfs,
Rich> then I'm happy and won't pursue this further. In the past I've
Rich> restarted both.  Perhaps I didn't need to do so.

It's been a while since I've used NFS, but maybe all you really need
to do is to umount/mount the nfs mounts on the client side.  You don't
need to wait until the next power failure to find out, just reboot one
of the machines and see what's necessary.

--
Russell Senior         ``shtal latta wos ba padre u prett tu nashtonfi
seniorr at aracnet.com      mrlosh''  -- Bashgali Kafir for ``If you have