[PLUG] stuck rpm processes

Ian Burrell ian at znark.com
Sun Oct 19 23:31:01 UTC 2003

Zot O'Connor wrote:

> Since I use rpm, apt, synaptic and red-carpet, I have to do this a few
> times a week.  Something is not happy.  I am adding and upgrading daily.

There are some known bugs in rpm with locking and rpm.  What version of
Red Hat are you using?  For RH8.0, make sure you have the most recent
available version of rpm, 4.1.1.  For RH9, some people suggest the
experimental release 4.2-1 from ftp.rpm.org or Fedora.  Also, you want
the most recent version of apt, 0.5.5cnc6.  Finally, check for duplicate
glibc packages because old bugs would cause the updates to fail and not
remove the old versions.

I am running RH9 and haven't had any problems recently after upgrading apt.

  - Ian

ian at znark.com
http://www.znark.com/