[PLUG] OpenBSD

Phil Tomson ptkwt at aracnet.com
Mon Oct 20 10:58:02 UTC 2003

OpenBSD has a great reputation for security, however you might want to
check out the benchmark site that was posted earlier:

http://bulk.fefe.de/scalability/

OpenBSD came out on the bottom of these tests (Linux 2.6 and FreeBSD 5.1
came out on top).  (though in practice for
home use you'll probably never hit these sorts of loads)

I installed OpenBSD on an old PC a year or so ago and while it was more
work than a Linux install, it wasn't that bad.  Kind of reminded me of
installing Linux back in '96.

Phil