[PLUG] OpenBSD

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 20 11:09:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Phil Tomson wrote:

> OpenBSD has a great reputation for security, however you might want to
> check out the benchmark site that was posted earlier:

Phil,

  I did look at the site. For a SOHO installation I don't think that's an
issue. From everything I've read OpenBSD is the ultimate in paranoid
security so I think that's ideal for a firewall.

  OTOH, the floppyfw has served me well for almost 4.5 years now. I'd just
like to do more filtering of spam and other junk at the firewall rather than
only at the MTA.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)