[PLUG] twitchy mouse on kernel 2.6.0-testN

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Tue Oct 21 21:12:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 20:45, Russell Senior wrote:
> I've noticed that the recent test kernels (and maybe back into 2.5.xx)
> have exhibited twitchy mouse movement in X11.  Twitchy is probably the
> wrong word.  It is accurate, just too sensitive (or at least more
> sensitive than on 2.4.x).  Does anyone know offhand how to "calibrate"
> the mouse.  I've never needed to do it before.

I think you'll see the same thing if you use a preemptable 2.4.x kernel.

I've noticed a similar problem... it took me a few weeks to get used to
it, but now I'm pretty much accustomed to the increased sensitivity.
The only problem I have is grabbing the two-pixel-wide handles on my
fluxbox theme's corners.  I have to give it a few shots.  :-)

I haven't seen how to slow it down... it's too fast both for my USB
mouse and my PS/2 (touchpad) mouse.  Any information I've seen has been
related to telling X not to accelerate it, but turning the acceleration
down to nothing didn't change the behavior at all as far as I noticed.

Rob