[PLUG] GAIM and MSN

Jason Van Clere jason at vancleve.com
Tue Oct 21 22:18:02 UTC 2003

Thus spoke AthlonRob, on Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:26:03 -0700:

> (geesh, I wish I could talk everybody in to jabber!)...

You know, I'd use jabber if it weren't for the domain name aspect.  (I'd have my friends and family using it, too.)  I don't want to depend on a particular jabber server, but I don't want to have to run my own in order to have a permanent address/identifier as with ICQ.  I understand jabber is decentralized, but I really want a non-proprietary protocol that offers a global, movable identifier.

Is that even possible?

--Jason V. C.