[PLUG] Mail configuration

Matt Whiteley matt-whiteley at comcast.net
Tue Oct 21 22:32:02 UTC 2003

This is my latest idea to organize myself.  Right now I am trying to
check 2 pop3 accounts and 3 imap accounts daily.  What I would like to
do is setup my linux box at home to collect all my mail and serve it up
in imap.  I think I would like to use maildir instead of mbox as I have
had some trouble with my mbox files and I think it would be neat to try
something new (to me).

So far, I have fetchmail polling one pop3 account and serving it in
dovecot which I access with squirrelmail.  I would like my mail to be in
separate folders (filtered) for a few mailing lists and by the accounts.

I am using fedora and am trying to figure out the best way to do this.
If I use fetchmail to get the mail do I filter it with procmail?  I
would like to be able to access my email with a client such as evolution
or thunderbird when I am at home.  Are there any webmail clients that
support sending from multiple addresses?  ie can I reply to a mail that
came on one of my imap accounts and have it go through that one again?
Will all replies have to come from my local box?

thanks for the ideas

--
Matt Whiteley <matt-whiteley at comcast.net>