[PLUG] Re: Do you want to join satacad?

Elliott Mitchell ehem at m5p.com
Wed Oct 22 16:41:01 UTC 2003

> From: Chris Jantzen <chris-plug at maybe.net>
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 12:52:58PM -0700, Zot O'Connor wrote:
> > You posted to the group, not me.
>
> (Not addressed to Zot.)

I supose it should be considered the Mailing List corollary to Godwin's
Law. At some point every discussion will eventually mention the infamous
Reply-To article. That article is <please insert your prefered expletive
here>. This is a *mailing list*, the whole bloody point of the list
server is to modify headers and pass the messages along.

The saner approach is to consider whether you want to keep discussions
alive, or encourage discussions to be short. In this case since it may
enlighten members to see solutions that are proposed I'd have to argue
that inserting a Reply-To header is the correct path (now whether it
should remove the header if it is already present is another matter).