[PLUG] intel inbuisiness print station compatibility

Mike De La Mater mikedela at theplatinumrule.com
Wed Oct 22 23:32:01 UTC 2003

10/22/03 3:23:24 PM, Aaron Burt <aaron at speakeasy.org> wrote:
>Cool.  I hear it's '486-based.  Just install Linux on it. ;)

There's a thought. it's got all of the components needed to make a decent print
server. All I'd need would be a standard protocol...

>But on TCP/IP it uses a seekrit protocol known as "FTP":
>http://www.linuxprinting.org/pipermail/general-list/2003q2/003932.html
>According to this, you pipe the print output to an FTP client that uploads
>it to the filename LPT1: or LPT2:.

I'll play with the script tomorrow, but I can just log into the damn thing,
change dirs to lpt1 put files into it like there was no tomorrow. WHO THINKS OF
THESE THINGS?

Mike De La Mater
Small business networks and technology consulting
503-702-6749
mikedela at ipns.com