[PLUG] Microsoft Earnings Report

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Thu Oct 23 13:11:02 UTC 2003

On Thursday 23 October 2003 12:45 pm, D. Cooper Stevenson wrote:
> All,
>
> Shares of Microsoft common stock are down today on the heels of their Q4
> earnings report:

Awwww! Let's take up a collection for them.

I can't find the link, there was a report earlier this month about M$ buying
back employee stock options, because they are worth less than the option
price.

The "news" media keeps throwing that $40 billion in the bank figure. But if
you're the kind of wonk who likes to read SEC filings and annual reports,
then you'd know that for several years now the only profit centers have been
windoze, office, and their investment portfolio. They've been pouring money
into all kinds of money-sucking new projects, like Xbox, MSN, and lord knows
what all.

I doubt they're going to have to pass the hat anytime soon, but I think the
expectation of continued 30-40% annual growth is pretty much shot to heck.

--
Carla Schroder