[PLUG] getting DSL in the middle of nowhere

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Thu Oct 23 14:06:02 UTC 2003

1. Call provider, which is the local telco, on Monday.
"I think I want DSL."
"OK"
"Please tell me you don't use some lame Windows-only connection crap"
"OK. We don't."
"OK. Make it so."

2. On Thursday, awaken to burly telco techs ringing doorbell at 7am. They hand
me my DSL modem and line filters. Did they need to do something to my wiring?
No, they just came to deliver the modem.

3. Connect

4. Surf

5. wheeeee!

6. Office lady calls at noon. "How do you like it, hon?"

Nobody at Verizon or Qwest ever called me hon. :)

--
Carla Schroder