[PLUG] Microsoft Earnings Report

guy1656 guy1656 at ados.com
Thu Oct 23 16:07:01 UTC 2003

Jeme A Brelin wrote:
: On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, david pool wrote:
: > Microsoft, as i understand it, was going the other direction, shifting
: > current revenues into future years. Thus, they were likely trying to
: > hide oversized profits into the future (ie now) when they knew they'd
: > lose grip on the monopoly. More significantly, it would defer tax
: > payments into the future if ever.
: >
: > Where's the outrage?
:
: Even if I was wrong and you were right, the idea of deferring your
: obligations to public life (taxes, etc.) is outrageously anti-social and
: evil... but that's not even the issue.

What I wanna do is AMORTIZE the social obligations, and retire socially
paid-up-in-advance.

GLL