[PLUG] Linux users out in them-thar hills (w/ OT)

AthlonRob athlonrob at axpr.net
Thu Oct 23 17:30:03 UTC 2003

> Lovely stuff. Glad the lifestyle is still available.
>
> : 50 years? Well, let's do a little tally:
> :
> : - 4-H and FFH kids kill and butcher animals, and no one protests
>
> OT: Don't forget about BB guns and .22s for kids being seen as
> wholesome,  healthy and otherwise normal, and then graduating them to
> their first 20ga.  or rifle later on.

I don't see anything wrong with target practice, it's good fun.  I don't
think many folks out in the boonies use BB guns, though.  I think most
folks learn to fire with .22's.  And 12-guages for skeet shooting.  :-)

> I wonder if there are clusters of Linux users big enough in places like
> Vernonia, Mist, Clatskanie, Ranier, etc. that folks might meet (3 - 6
> people,  sounds like) on a monthly basis out there...

There are two Linux users in St. Paul (population: 354).  Hope Carla has
better luck than that.  :-)