[PLUG] getting DSL in the middle of nowhere

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 23 18:11:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Carla Schroder wrote:

> I'm looking into various Linux point of sale, inventory, and accounting
> programs. A good retail/service business package would be an attractive deal,
> I think, if I could put together something that doesn't cost a mint. There's
> quite a few commercial Linux POS systems, but they cost big bucks. The main
> competition is elderly versions of Quickbooks.

Carla,

  Let's chat off the list about the G/L I'm using. I bought a source code
license and will -- Real Soon Now -- put my A/P, A/R, etc. modules together
with it. Excellent; ncurses interface (not too efficient, but it works). I
like the guy who wrote it: an accountant computer geek in California.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
                         http://www.appl-ecosys.com/