[PLUG] Monitor and Video Card question

VVV YYY v_yau3 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 24 11:18:01 UTC 2003

Dear All:

I have a TNT2 video card and my monitor is made by Gem.  I just installed
RH9 on my celeron box.  It works fine.  Except that
it cannot detect my monitor make.  It won't let me probe either.
Is there any way I can force it to probe my monitor type?
I went under Systems Setting -> Display but the Probe Monitor
button is hot.

With my TNT2 video card, it won't let me turn on hardware acceleration.  My
video
card does support that.  Is there anything I need to do to ask RH9 to allow
my video card to make use of hardware acceleration?

thanks any pointers.

--Vincent

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account has exceeded
its 2MB storage limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es