[PLUG] Microsoft Earnings Report

Daggett, Steve Steve.Daggett at fiserv.com
Fri Oct 24 12:03:02 UTC 2003

D. Cooper Stevenson:

> All,
>
> Shares of Microsoft common stock are down today on the heels
> of their Q4
> earnings report:
>
> http://sec.thomsonfn.com/sec/SecProd?pid=MzgwYlhOdVAkWQEQUALST
OEQUALSTO&transform=result&type=results&doc_type=REGST&doc_dcn=03948319>
&cont_format=HTML&cont_qualifier=C&doc_product=E&viewer=N#r4

  I'd like to point out the immortal words of Bob Young (former RedHat CEO),
as quoted by the NY Times in 1998.

  "My job is not to compete with Microsoft," Young stresses. "It's to lower
the value of the operating system market. Microsoft makes $5 billion in
operating system sales. If I get that market, I automatically make it a $500
million market."

http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/98/09/biztech/articles/28linux.html

  It's been taking a little longer for Bob's prediction to come true than I
expected...

Steve D...