[PLUG] Apache And French Characters

Vincent Damewood vincentdamewood at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 12:20:04 UTC 2003

--- Jason Van Cleve <jason at vancleve.com> wrote:
> Thus spoke Vincent Damewood, on Fri, 24 Oct 2003
> 04:11:30 -0700 (PDT):
>
> > AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1
>
> J'ai aussie celui-la.  That and all those default
> AddCharsets.  So maybe it's not apache.  Je ne
> comprend pas!

Me neither, here a few shots in the dark:
- Try diffing some config files
- Look at the source on the client and see what's
exactly is served up.
- try serving a plain html file with some French
characters. (Interestingly enough, using a test page
on my server with the sentance <<C'est en français.>>
helped me find the source of one of my apache problems
which I wouldn't have figured out had it not been
plain HTML).

Peace,
Vincent Damewood