[PLUG] SPICE3 and Linux

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Oct 24 16:10:02 UTC 2003

Vincent writes:
> I am looking for a working installation of SPICE3 for my RH9 Linux?
> does anyone know where I can find one?
> I am specifically looking for a package similar to SPICE3 that is available
> on Linux that can do BSIM3.

You can download the source for "ng-spice" from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ngspice .

The project appears moribund, but it does appear to work with the stock
BSIM3 model.  It is built on top of Berkeley 3f5 .

If you want the full-tilt HSPICE compatable commercial closed source Big
Kahuna version of SPICE (you will need this to be compatable with the
models for real fabs as opposed to class projects) you should probably
be looking at Silvaco Smartspice from www.silvaco.com .  Many K$, dongled,
but cheaper than HSPICE, and runs on Linux.  If you want to see how it
works, let me know and I will bring dongle and laptop to a meeting.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom           keithl at ieee.org         Voice (503)-520-1993